Extract from a letter Basil Bunting wrote to Ezra Pound, February 1931:
ENGLAND. If Wales and the North don’t rise this autumn, there’s little hope of anything but extinction. The new program of the T.U.C. should be drawn up quite simply, thus:
1. Hang Rothschild and a select retinue of “merchant bankers”.
2. Confine Rothermere in Broadmoor Criminal Lunatic Asylum with public warning to Beaverbrook and the Berries.
3. Warn Australia Canada S Africa that if they dont both pay up their proportionate share of the cost of the fleet and loosen up a bit on the immigration restrictions, they will be put up for public auction to any buyer who cares to undertake the job of reconquering them, such as Germany or the U.S.A.
4. No import dues, and a bloody big supertax.
5. Abolish the game laws.
6. Abolish the Home Office.
7. Confiscate the church lands and royalties. After that elect a new house of Commons and omit to summon any of the hereditary peers to parliament.